Junior - Mid Backend Developer
About the Family Gamindo:
We are a gaming startup and a fast growing company that develops impact branded video games for companies, allowing them to have a return in terms of engagement, lead generation, data & insight, drive-to-store.
Also, we have developed a mobile app where people can convert their time spent by playing branded games into charity donations.
We think that marketing can be more fun, effective and entertaining for brands and consumers and we also believe in the power of gaming to amuse any boring or difficult topic for companies and employees.
We have worked with brands such as Google, Coca Cola, Barilla, Bosch, Chiara Ferragni and many more from different industries – but we cannot yet spoil them now!
So far, we have been accelerated by Plug and Play in Silicon Valley, received the Seal of Excellence by EU and raised €500k from important angel investors. We are about to reach €1 million revenue this year and we are ready to scale the business globally.
Our ambition is to bringing video games in every company, leaving none behind, and we are doing that by scaling our business and leveraging our technology. We are growing fast and want to increase our talented Business team.
We are a value-based company: our culture cherish entrepreneurial spirits. From day zero each Gaminder is the owner of her/his activities and projects and an active participant in the company’s success. In fact, we do believe that every single member can have a major impact on the Gamindo’s growth.
What will you do?
You will be responsible for:
- Implement the features and user interfaces of Gamindo products like Admin platform, Brand platform, etc
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive mid-complex web applications
- Complete medium to large features (each with many tasks) independently without guidance
- Collaborate with Product Manager and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
What skills will power-up your game?
We will be excited for the following:
- PHP experience, including concepts like Design Pattern, typing, efficiency
- Knowledge of MVC pattern, in particular Laravel/Lumen 7
- Experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- Experience with APIs documentation
- Experience in teamwork
- Experience with Git versioning protocol
- Experience with MySQL & MongoDB
- Experience with Docker/Docker-compose
What skills will give you an “extra life”?
We will be excited for the following:
- Vue.js knowledge
- BS/MS Degree (ideally on Computer Science or similar)
- AWS knowledge
- Go knowledge
Why should you play with us?
- We got the ambition and the drive to make it happen: we are young, but we are already playing with top clients
- We are a social impact startup: we value people’s time, in fact, thanks to us people can donate money simply by having fun and playing
- We are result-oriented and the numbers speak by themselves (+500% growth YOY)
- We are an Italian startup but with a global focus
- Great personal and professional outlook for the future if you want to grow and stretch yourself
- We are primarily a smart working company, so you have the freedom to choose: you can either work at our offices or from your favorite location (at the moment, however, given the emergency situation, you can take advantage of full remote)
- RAL between 30K – 40K based on your experience
Our 4 levels of recruiting process:
- Level 1: You apply with your resume and cover letter and we try to respond you as soon as possible
- Level 2: If you are eligible to follow-on with the process, we will set a first “introductory call”
- Level 3: If we are good fit to play together, a “technical interview” will follow
- Level 4: Let’s decide if we want to play together
SO, WILL YOU BE THE NEXT GAMINDER?
At Gamindo, we believe that diversity adds value to our team, products, and culture – plus it makes it a lot more fun! We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It’s because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
Gamindo is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.